"One thing we have discovered is that we are a nation of wanderers.
Our ancestors have wandered the globe,
and often left us with only one
clue to trace their heritage,
their surname." -Unknown
Alan T G Nelson made a promise to his grandmother and started collecting data on the Auger surname. Alan has collected great amounts of data on Augers around
the world for researchers and will do lookups in the data he has.
My great grandmother was an Auger and I had great support from cousins in finding family information, so I offered to help Alan by putting up a website to help
gather information and offer material for researchers to use in 1998. The website was developed along with a mailing list and query boards, and cousins gathered and best of all met for the first
time. ~ Patricia Hamp
The Primary Goals of this web site:
1. To give researchers of this surname and it varied spellings a place to share their files with others, in the hope that by doing so it will enrich all our Auger family histories.
2. To link to to relevant web sites that will help visitors find web pages of interest of others that are researching this surname.
3. To collect all information pertaining to this surname, and the bearers of this surname that might in some way facilitate research of this surname.
4. To present this information on the web so that it can be freely accessed by any of our cousins at any time, from any place.
5. To provide a gathering place electronically so that all the Auger researchers, in all parts of the world can participate in helping other's find their Auger family.
"In order for all our cousins to be gathered together, from wherever they may have wandered, you need a nest to gather them in."