St. Patrick's Catholic Church is located on North County Line Rd. between Bliss and Pingree Rds. in Section 2 of Seville Township. It is on the northern edge of Gratiot Co. next to Isabella Co., so many people are buried here from both counties. This area was settled predominantly by those of Irish heritage and was an early farming community in the area.
The names listed in this index are from a reading of the grave stones taken August 1st and 2nd, 2003 by Christina Zahn and Patricia Hamp. The grouping of stones is done more in a family group than in rows as other cemeteries in the area.
The 1937 DAR reading was consulted for stones that are now missing and are noted.
Make note that many depressions without stones were noticed throughout this cemetery. The oldest stone found was dated 1862 for a mother and son.
The church is under the care of St. Vincent de Paul Catholic Church in Shepherd, Michigan.
Gratiot Co. MIGENWEB Site Author:
Hosted by Michigan Family History Network